I'd love it if you joined my readers. It's nice to know I'm not just typing into a black hole.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dirty Fingers

I'm feeling pretty fatigued and uninspired right now. I want to write but the well is sparse. So in an attempt to boost my spirit and creativity, I played in the dirt a little.


When we decided to move from a house to a town home, I was afraid I would feel a big empty hole where my garden used to be. Initially, I did. But I have been learning that balcony gardening can be very nurturing. I even found a fun blog on Balcony gardens for inspiration.

This before picture (left) isn't the best, but sort of shows the lack of life that my balcony started with.

I've since added, let's see.... Gardenias, Geraniums, Hydrangeas, Dahlias, Impatiens, Jasmine, and ... hmmm... I forget the name of the little blue drapey ones.


I have really been wanting to grow a vegetable garden so, even though I got a late start, I decided to add some

Romaine lettuce, Cauliflower, Spinach, Chives, Basil, Sage, Blackberries, and YES! That is a RED STRAWBERRY!!! I am very proud of it.







I'm fairly certain I don't know what I'm doing. And that I'm not done doing it. I just know I NEED the green around me and the dirt in my fingers. So I play...

2 comments:

  1. very cool! we even love the same flowers and fruits and veggies...hope you are feeling less fatigued and more energized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the little blue ones are lobelia - so, so cute. i love your writing. the 'green' makeover of your 'hang out spot' is perfect.

    enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails