I'd love it if you joined my readers. It's nice to know I'm not just typing into a black hole.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Pumpkin Soup


Fall is teasing me. It's here, but, not really. Not yet. It finally seems to be cooling off, though, so maybe...

I have been excited to see the pumpkins and all the fall store displays. Already made my first stop by Williams Sonoma to smell and taste their treats. I even pulled out my own seasonal decor. Wreath on the door, lit twine pumpkin, and nubby fall branches with crimson leaves. I don't know, still waiting for the cold weather outside and the warm feelings inside.

My kids have learned to love this season as it seems to be the one time of the year that mom actually enjoys cooking. Cornbread, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin soup, (ya, pumpkin anything) potato soup, AND the most kick-ass cottage cheese loaf you've ever tasted.

Anyway, as I'm writing this I'm eating some left-over pumpkin soup, so thought I'd share the very simple recipe with you. Hope you will enjoy it with me.

Pumpkin Soup
Serves 4
Step One:
Saute together
2 Tb Butter
1/2 cp Chopped Onion

Step Two:
Add
2 cp Chicken Stock
1 Large Potato Chopped
1/2 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Pepper
1/8 tsp Thyme
Boil until the potato is tender then you can either blend for creamy consistency, or mash for chunky. I kind of like it chunky.

Step Three:
Add
14 oz Can Plain Pumpkin
2 cp Milk
Heat and blend thoroughly.

Step Four:
Add sour cream for garnish and flavor.

1 comment:

  1. somehow I missed this post, but now you're making me yearn for fall and pumpkins and walking on crisp and amazingly colored leaves.

    can't wait to try your pumpkin soup recipe, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails