I'd love it if you joined my readers. It's nice to know I'm not just typing into a black hole.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Elliott's Owls

Thought I'd share a few of my recent cool finds...


I hate the dated ceiling fan hovering over my bed BUT it is nice in the summer time and this is a rental; SO, rather than replace it, I added some bling.  This was dual purpose because I also wanted some dangly treasures for Elliott to gaze at.
I love finding other uses for Christmas ornaments.
I know the name on the wall thing has been a bit over done in nurseries, and I did resist it, but how could I not display a name as cool as Elliott?  Besides, I found these bohemian letters at World Market...
The tipped "O" on the bottom stands for Ocean
(his middle name).  Not sure I like it tipped
I might have to straighten it.
Ok, I wanted birds to nestle in the branches on Elliott's wall but could never find what I was looking for.  Instead, I stumbled on these great owl gift cards.  The little owls were stuck on the cards with puffy tape so I just peeled them off and stuck them onto my wall.  The mommy owls hung on ribbon.  I liked the idea of dangling them from the branches.
I know owls are still birds; just not the
"birdies" from my original vision.


Elliott's wall.
It's nothing spectacular but it makes me happy...
and Elliott seems to like it.

1 comment:

  1. oh what a grin
    with such a cute chin
    i'm jealous of owls
    i even like the crib's dowels
    Elliot's O is just fine
    his eyes they just shine
    there is so much love,
    his heart fits into yours like a glove

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails