I'd love it if you joined my readers. It's nice to know I'm not just typing into a black hole.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Stairmasters are for Sissies

These...

... are the 4 flights of stairs which I climb up and down many times throughout each day.
They get me from my front door to the entrance of my actual living space. This is not a feature I ever desired in a home. Still surprised ANYONE thought this was a good idea. Alas, I did agree to pay money to live here, so there's not much more I can say about that.

~*~*~*~

There is a pay-off to this insanity. And no, it's not the hot-mama legs I should have acquired by now (again, a subject for a future blog).

It's the air up here...

One of my favorite views? The soft fog rolling over the hills.


The Fog
The Fog comes
on little cat feet.

It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.

- Carl Sandburg 1878

~*~*~*~

Of course, should a fire ensue while I'm taking in the view, I can always run down the 5 flights of stairs in my fire escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails