I'd love it if you joined my readers. It's nice to know I'm not just typing into a black hole.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

24 Things About Me

I wrote this as an unofficial Facebook assignment some months ago. Though it might be a good ice-breaker until this blog gets going a bit more...


1. I find road trips freeing.

2. I absolutely
hate chewing/slurping sounds, drives me crazy! On the other hand, few things are better than the sound of a baby sucking on a bottle. Go figure.

3. I gave birth to twins weighing 7.2 and 7.6. I wear it like a badge of honor.

4. I have been planning my tattoo for years.

5. I attended 6 colleges and universities in two countries, two states, and 6 cities to complete a bachelor's degree in a field which I abandoned 8 years ago. Go to college kids!

6. I once worked in a donut shop with a crazy boss who eventually shot his x-wife.

7. When I was about 4 years old, I went knocking on all of the neighbors' doors, looking to see if they would give me a baby brother or sister. Mom was piiisssed.

8. I love warm cornbread with molasses and milk. I love homemade potato/corn chowder with curry. AND, I love pickle and peanut butter sandwiches.

9. I've never smoked a cigaret.

10. I like to end the night with a bowl of ice cream. Mint-n-chip mixed with Rocky Road (Slow Churned).

11. When I was 16, I went 130 mph on the back of a motorcycle.

12. I'm a low maintenance girl in a high maintenance body.

13. I have a love/hate relationship with change. I crave it and then struggle to adjust to it.

14. When I was 12, I watched all the Nightmare on Elm St movies and couldn't sleep for 2 years.

15. I once caught myself on fire while trying to light a candle.

16. I always wanted my big brother to like me.

17. I have a younger brother whom I've only recently become acquainted with.

18. I have experienced varying degrees of trauma and have learned that, though I may be soberly grateful for the loss, I never fully recover.

19. I sometimes fear I have Alzheimer's.

20. Talking on the phone agitates me for some reason. I love the quiet of email and FB. I tend to appreciate solitude - maybe too much

21. All that said, many of my favorite memories are with my girlfriends. Wish they lived closer to me now. I don't make new ones well.

22. Cats are my favorite but I have three dogs instead.

23. I regularly fight my OCD tendencies. I still color code my closet. It just feels good that way.

24. I always cry at movies, but I fight it, so I end up with a big, painful lump in my throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails